Friday, February 5, 2010

Santa Fe, New Mexico

The road seemed so familiar - almost like  deja vu! Even though it did snow on us again, the roads were not bad at all.  We headed back the same direction we had just arrived home from 2 days prior, although this time we only had to travel 5 1/2 hours before reaching our destination in Santa Fe.  There Mark and I had a husband/wife conference for Seminary and Institute teachers.  It was absolutely wonderful.  They have these once a year and most of them have been the first part of February, near our Wedding Anniversary.  I told Mark we are so lucky! We have a paid for get-a-way every year! We stayed Wednesday night and Thursday night and then we arrived home at 11:00 Friday night.  I was able to farm out all of my children to friend's homes and they all had a great time.  I'm sure they wish we'd leave them more often! While we were gone, Chase and Abi went snow skiing with their Elementary school for a class field trip.  Chase caught on quickly and claimed he didn't fall once the entire day! He is a huge fan of snow skiing and is now saving his money in hopes to return to the slopes! Abi said she had a great time, but she said she struggled until the end of the day.  She was finally getting the hang of it when it was time to go! Thank you Jeanna Hansen for the private lessons and time you provided Abi - you made her day! Kailan played in 2 more volleyball games while we were gone and was excited to tell me that she had spiked the ball over the net twice! All of the kids did really well while we were gone.  I have no idea why I ever stressed about it!


The meetings Mark and I attended were so spirit-filled, and so up-lifting.  It really motivated me to come home and be a better person - a better wife and mother.  I loved it all! Friday afternoon after it was finished, we drove to Albuquerque and went to the Temple.  I've never been to the Albuquerque Temple before, so that was really nice to see.  It was very beautiful and I absolutely loved the inside.  



1 comment:

Sarah B. said...

I just found your blog and I am so excited!! It is wonderful to read about your family. Hope you guys are doing well. We miss you here in Wyoming!