I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to me to see this Temple just a little over a mile from the home I was raised in. This is the first open house I've been too. I went with all of my kids except Jordynn who was in California for a school music competition. Mark was not able to come down with us either, so he and Jordynn will make a special trip to go down in the next couple of weeks. We toured the Temple with my Grandma Pearl and my parents. It was so beautiful. I'm so grateful my kids were able to share in this experience. I love the Temple and the blessing we receive from going there. I am so thankful we can be together as families FOREVER!
Today was also my mom's birthday. She would have been 57 years old. I'm sure she has been very busy on the other side helping this Temple come about! This would have been a dream come true for her! I was glad to get to go through this Temple for the first time on this special day.
This is the Sealing room. In the temple, families can be united in the most sacred of all human relationships - as husband and wife and as children and parents - in a way that time cannot limit and death cannot end.
Through priesthood authority from God, marriages are performed that can endure throughout this life and for all eternity. Children are "sealed" to parents, creating eternal families. To share these blessings with our ancestors who have died, we perform temple ordinances in their behalf.
Understanding the eternal nature of families makes it easier to bear the trials of life, including the death of loved ones. As Jesus said, "I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven" (Matthew 16:19). With the promise of eternal life and lasting relationships with loved ones, temples are an earthly manifestation that God is indeed love.


No comments:
Post a Comment