Friday, March 25, 2011

Down the Slopes!

 Jordynn went snow skiing a few years ago and wasn't taught well (or at a slow enough pace for her) and unfortunately has had a bad taste in her mouth toward snow skiing ever since.  Her friend Jade, to our amazement, was able to talk her into trying it out again.  But instead of starting on the Bunny Hill, they went to more of a Level 1 hill for their first run.  The initial part of the hill is the steepest.  Jordynn wiped out and rolled down a good part of this hill.  It scared her to death.  She took off her skis, planted herself under the tree and absolutely refused to ever put them on again.  There was still a long way to the bottom of the mountain.  Jordynn called me and Tracie Hagler and I tried everything we could think of to have her put her skis back on and very slowly, from one side to the other, in between us, help her to the bottom of the hill.  We had absolutely no success.  She stubbornly sat with tears running down her face (yes, she's 17).  A Ski Patrol came and talked with her and after realizing that she seriously was not going to put her skis back on, called up other members of the Ski Patrol to take her down off of the mountain.

 Buckle Up!
Taige comes snowboarding down the slope and arrives on the scene just as Jordynn is preparing to take off.  He looks at Jordynn, then looks at me and says, "You've got to be kidding!" It was hilarious coming from him!
 I hope this ride was worth $20!

2 comments:

Tera said...

How funny that Taige was comfortably SNOWBOARDING down the hill.

Emily said...

I am so bummed I missed all the fun. Jordyn, I will teach you to ski.